Saturday 14 May 2011

Trattoria Italian Kitchen

My friend decided to have her 21st birthday party at Trattoria Italian Kitchen on 4th and Burrard. Trattoria is part of The Global Collection Group and there are 2 locations in Vancouver.  Check out their website for more information.




the menu had a variety of choices(pasta, pizza, salumi, insalata, meat and seafood) and also platters for minimum 2 people in case you want to try different kinds of pasta.


Gnocchi Aglio e Olio garlic, peperoncino, olive oil   $13.95
Overall, good.  But it was less fluffy compared to the one I had in Chambar and the garlic flavour was stronger than what I prefer.


Linguine Vongole manila clams, tomatoes, thyme, peperoncino, garlic $16.95

I only had one bite of this dish, but it was DELICIOUS!!I was almost upset at the fact that I didn't order this :p



Lasagna kobe beef, ricotta, spinach, fresh herbs    $13.95

Good Lasagna.


Cannelloni filled with ricotta, spinach & a sun-dried tomato, sweet pea cream, arugula & almond salad  $15. 95

This is what I had and I personally did not enjoy it.  I thought it lacked seasoning and it wasn't very flavourful.  The salad was just meh. (I should've gotten the vongole... :( !!!)


we weren't allowed to eat the cake that we brought to the restaurant because of the restaurant policy but our waiter gave us a piece of tiramisu with a candle for the birthday girl. (It also came with a biscotti on the side)
I think this was one of the best tiramisu I've ever tried in my life!! It really melted in my mouth.


After the dinner, we went over to the birthday girl's house to sing her a birthday song and eat the (super asian)cake.


green tea, red bean, mousse, with fruits? (typical Asian favourites-green tea and red bean.haha)

The sweetness of the mousse lingered in my mouth for a bit..(I couldn't identify the flavour of the mousse.. it kinda tasted cheesy to me)



balloons my friend got for the birthday girl.


All in all, the service was really good and I am definitely coming back to eat their vongole.

Happy 21st birthday Stacy :)

Trattoria Italian Kitchen on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment