Tuesday 15 October 2013

Twix Cookie dough Cheesecake Bar

So... I am back from a long hiatus.  I honestly don't know why I haven't posted anything throughout my summer.  I guess I lost the determination to do so with full time work and school happening simultaneously.  I had a great summer this year with a lot of sun, ultimate and friends... I wish I had the chance to go away on a trip though...I am definitely saving that for next summer. This summer passed by way too quickly and now it's already October. Can you believe it!?  I have 1.5 months of school left till winter vacation.  Time just flies by way too quickly.

Autumn is my favourite season and I love walking outside with the cold breeze hitting my face and the colourful leaves everywhere I look.  Maybe I like them so much because of the warm colours of the leaves or because I get to wear my winter clothes again. UBC is gorgeous during autumn, well...it is all year around but I think it's especially beautiful during autumn so if you live in Vancouver and have never been to UBC during autumn, please, please visit this year.  I also love wearing cozy sweaters.. and pumpkin spiced latte so this season just makes me unusually happy.

This past Thanksgiving, I was debating on what to make for a potluck. I made apple dumplings for as long as I can remember but I didn't want to be known as the "Apple dumpling" girl (not that there is anything wrong with apple dumplings) so I decided to try something new.  I have a list of recipes I saved from long time ago and I found two contenders: S'mores rice krispies and Twix cookie dough cheesecake bar.  Seriously, this was one of the hardest decisions I had to make in a long time (I can be extremely indecisive when it comes to food:P).  I was so close to picking s'mores rice krispies bar but I had a lot of travelling to do to get to the potluck and I didn't want the meringue/ marshmellow to melt.  To avoid a disasterous situation, I picked the twix cookie dough cheesecake bar.  Whoever created this recipe, they are a genius.  How do you even think of putting twix, cookie, and cheesecake in one bar?  Mind blown. 


You can find this amazing recipe here 

I cheated a little and got pre-made cookie doughs 


The process


I decided to put some left over chocolate chip cookie dough on top of the cheesecake mixture


Bake it for 30-35 minutes






and... Tada


I wasn't too happy about the result because I couldn't see the distinct layers like the one from the recipe but I think it turned out well for my first try.  The ooey texture of the cookie dough and the crunchiness of the twix...mmmmmm it tasted amazing.  When it just came out of the oven, the caramel layer inside the twix was oozing and everything just melted in my mouth......man... AH.  I absolutely love twix. I wish I saved a piece for myself instead of leaving the rest at my friend's.  Writing a food blog post is never good at 1:41 am.

If you try this recipe, try eating it while it's warm with some ice cream.  That's always the best combination.  

I missed my blog so I decided to come back hahaha. Not only that but also because I am at a state where I need to continuously occupy myself with something.  I went through a bit of a heartbreak and I think the best medicine is to focus on myself and stay busy.   Every heartbreak provides you with a lesson and I think this time around, I realized how wrong I was about relationships.  According to my health psychology class, I've been "protective buffering" which is when one actively participates in avoiding doing anything that highlights the problem to the other individual to not burden them with stress.  This is extremely harmful in relationships.  I think I've always had self-esteem issues and for some reason I subconsciously thought that the person will leave me if I confront them with our relationship problems.  What kind of stupid logic is that? Looking back, that is seriously the stupidest thing one can do.  This was a big eye opener for me to realize how I should just be myself and if the person doesn't like the true me, well... I don't have time to waste on someone like that.   This might be obvious to some people but I had to learn it the hard way hahaha. Whatever is to come in the future, I am just going to be me.  My friend mentioned that relationship only works when both partners are capable of putting the other first before anything... and I think this truly shows how ready one is for a long-term relationship.  
When I was bitter and depressed about the situation, my best friend Olivia sent me this quote.  Positive appraisal ftw.  It's supposed to be "Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness" not 'you'. ahaha.




Anyway, enough babbling for the night.  Please listen to this Korean girl's soothing voice and have a good night.  She is seriously killing me with her voice.  

Can I marry your voice please!?!?




0 comments:

Post a Comment