Thursday 5 May 2016

Jam cafe: pulled pork pancakes please!

I saw on Vancitybuzz that there is a restaurant called Jam cafe, Victoria's breakfast spot, taking over the previous Cafe Medina location. After seeing a photo of their pulled pork pancakes and I was  sold.  I was planning to have brunch with a couple of girl friends so I suggested the place and off we went. We went at 9:30 in the morning and still had to wait for about 20-30 minutes. The line up was piling!


The interior felt very rustic and I felt in love with this world map right away. I really liked the wood/nature on top of the white bricks. It took us a little while to choose from the menu because they all sounded good and there were many options. I was tempted to order the red velvet pancakes but I naturally gravitated towards the savoury dishes.  I am a savoury breakfast person so I really wanted to try their pulled pork pancakes.




Bottom right: Old town breakfast 11.95
Two eggs any style with has browns and toast with your choice of sugar-cured bacon, sausage, ham steak or avocado. Toast: sourdough, multigrain, rye or cranberry flax

Bottom left: Pulled Pork Pancakes 13.95
A double stack layered with pulled pork & topped with maple bbq glaze, jalapeno sour cream & pickled cabbage

Top: Various sides including eggs, a buttermilk biscuit and a fruit bowl


You can also get a double stack pancakes for $3 more but one pancake was more than enough for me. I was able to eat only half of it.  The pulled pork was delicious and the bbq sauce went so well with it. The pancakes were fluffy and yum. I wished the pickled cabbage was more vingary. It wasn't vinegary enough for me to cut through the bbq sauce. I think it would've complimented the dish whole lot better if the pickled cabbage was more acidic.


The person beside me order the chicken french toast which had two pieces of fried chicken on top of a brioche french toast drizzled with tobasco honey and it looked AMAZING. The other dishes I saw didn't look too impressive. I can't comment on the taste because I didn't get to try it... but the pulled pork and the fried chicken dishes may be worth it. I am definitely going to come back and try the fried chicken dishes. One tip with brunch places: go early or go late.


Jam Café Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

Post a Comment